28.3.09

Chapter 2||The Black Book

I stared blankly at the girl sitting on the curb in front of my house. It seemed wierd, but for some reason, I was getting this feeling that I should talk to her. I walked slowly towards her. The rain falling down on my head, I was really wet, but still, I walk there. I was bemused at the sight. Why would anyone just sit there at the curb, especially since if their in front of my house. I was their, looking down at her.

"You finally arrived. What took you so long Josh?" Her voice was cold, yet so soft that it could beguile someone who is lost in their own thoughts. She then looked up at me. Her face was pale, her eyes were black, but you can see the peace in them, hypnotizing you with deception.
"Who are you?" my voice was calm, I wasn't afraid, however I wasn't happy either. I felt revelation in her presence.
"My name doesn't matter right now, maybe someday, but I have something to give you Josh, it's very important." her voice sounded serious now, her eyes were teary.

She held out a book, it was black. All black. No title, no author. Just a plain black book. It looked more like a journal or a diary if you ask me. I took my hands out of my jacket pocket and took the book from her. The book was uncanny, very strange. It didn't get wet at all, it stayed dry. I opened the book and saw nothing on the pages. I looked at each and every page, the book was thick and the pages looked old, but nothing was in it. I closed the book.

"What the hell...There's nothing in this book?" The wind blew hard and the rain fell harder, but the girl was gone. She was like an ebb on land, disappearing with the rain. When I got inside, no one was home. the rain stopped and the sun shone bright. I went into my room and placed the book down on my desk.

It was 6:00 in the evening. The phone rang. Of course I picked up the phone. I recognized the voice. It was the girl.

"Did you read Josh?" She said but before I could have answered back, she hunged up the phone. Then I heard a bang upstair, and quickly i ran upstair to see what it was. I saw my door open, I looked in and saw my window was open. The black book was on the floor. Open and faced down. I picked it up and went to the front page. There was a message. I rcognized the message it. It was a passage. A Bible passage.

"The heart is deceitful above all things,and desperately wicked: who can know it?"
Jeremiah 17:9

I contemplated on the message. I didn't know what it meant, or where it was trying to lead me. I knew it was all up to me to figure it out. But where to start was the question I had to ask myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment